Terme di Saturnia Natural Spa & Golf Resort®

The elegant thermal complex of the Terme di Saturnia Spa & Golf Resort® rises at the foot of the village of Saturnia. Refined and elegant, it is surrounded by a large garden. The spa complex consists of some swimming pools, whirlpool, artificial waterfalls, water paths, a spring water pool and a modern wellness center for curative treatments, relaxing massages and therapies. The mud of the Acque di Saturnia, naturally rich in thermal plankton, is used in many treatments. The spas also have a Golf Club, with an 18-hole golf course, PAR72.

Properties of the waters of Saturnia

The water of Saturnia is unique in composition and properties. It was born on the summit of Monte Amiata and after a long underground journey it reaches the natural spring of Saturnia enriched with precious gases and mineral salts that give it extraordinary beneficial and curative properties. The spring water of Saturnia is sulphurous, carbonic, sulphate, bicarbonate, alkaline earth, and flows from the source at a temperature of 37.5 ° C with a flow rate of 500 l / s.

Due to its particular composition, the thermal water of Saturnia is effective in the treatment of:

skin diseases – eczema, acne, dermatitis and psoriasis – has a natural exfoliating and peeling effect, cleansing and antiseptic properties

pharyngitis, tonsillitis, rhinitis and sinusitis

bronchitis

arthrosis, rheumatism and paramorphisms

veno-lymphatic insufficiency and hepatic insufficiency

Swimming pool opening times and prices

The Terme di Saturnia Spa & Golf Resort® are open at the following times:

Winter opening hours (01.11.2018 – 31.03.2019): from 09.30 to 17.00 DAILY / 13.00 – 17.00 AFTERNOON

Summer Hours (01.04.2018 – 31.10.2018): from 09.30 to 19.00 DAILY / 14.00 – 19.00 AFTERNOON

Thermal swimming pool entrance price list:

DAILY WEEKLY € 24.00
DAILY HOLIDAY € 28.00
WEEKDAY AFTERNOON ENTRY € 21.00
AFTERNOON HOLIDAY ENTRANCE € 24.00
CHILDREN under 12: free admission (accompanied by an adult) free
YOUNG RATE under 18 (accompanied by an adult) € 8.00
***
WELLNESS CLUB (SOURCE ACCESS, RESERVED RELAXATION AREA) € 65.00

BED € 7.00
UMBRELLA € 4.00
WELLNESS KIT RENTAL (bathrobe + towel) € 5.00
SLIPPERS (purchase) € 1.00

The village of Saturnia

Saturnia is a delightful village in the Tuscan Maremma, one of the oldest in Italy, famous throughout the world for its wonderful thermal baths, the Terme di Saturnia.

The village of Saturnia is perched on a small hill from which it observes the valleys and cultivated countryside of the Maremma, with a breathtaking view of the spa complex and the beautiful Cascate del Mulino, the most beautiful free spas in Tuscany.

Saturnia has very ancient Etruscan-Roman origins to be precise, it was born with the name of Aurinia and over the centuries it became an important center especially thanks to its proximity to the route of the Via Clodia. Even its thermal waters were known and appreciated, it was in fact in Roman times that the first public baths were born, a meeting place for the political and social life of the town.

But the fame of Saturnia does not stop at its thermal baths, even the village itself is a real wonder, rich in ancient monuments and history.

Strolling through the streets of the Tuscan town, stop and admire its most beautiful monuments:

Church of Santa Maria Maddalena: certainly prior to 1188 the church was restored in 1933. Inside you can admire a painting depicting the Madonna with the ba, bino between Saints Sebastian and Mary Magdalene, made between 1475 and 1485 by artist Benvenuto di Giovanni, a wooden tabernacle depicting Saint Clare and Saint Elizabeth of Hungary.
Cinta Muraria: dating back to the 2nd century BC, it was built by the Romans and restored in the 13th century by the Aldobrandeschi. In 1400 it was enlarged by the Sienese. The Roman Gate still remains of the original curtain wall, which rises to protect the route of the ancient Via Clodia.
Rocca Aldobrandesca: dates back to the 12th century and was built by the Aldobrandeschi family, it was then remodeled by the Sienese during the 1400s.